Langsung ke konten utama

16 tenses

Untuk menghafal 16 tenses, cara paling cepat adalah mengingat 4 pola waktu × 4 bentuk.

🧠 Rumus inti 16 Tenses

Waktu Simple Continuous Perfect Perfect Continuous
Present V1 am/is/are + V-ing have/has + V3 have/has been + V-ing
Past V2 was/were + V-ing had + V3 had been + V-ing
Future will + V1 will be + V-ing will have + V3 will have been + V-ing
Past Future would + V1 would be + V-ing would have + V3 would have been + V-ing

🔥 Cara menghafalnya

Cukup ingat 4 kata kunci:

SIMPLE → CONTINUOUS → PERFECT → PERFECT CONTINUOUS

Kemudian pasangkan dengan:

PRESENT → PAST → FUTURE → PAST FUTURE


1️⃣ Present

Simple Present
👉 S + V1

I work every day.
Saya bekerja setiap hari.

Present Continuous
👉 S + am/is/are + V-ing

I am working now.
Saya sedang bekerja sekarang.

Present Perfect
👉 S + have/has + V3

I have worked here for two years.
Saya sudah bekerja di sini selama dua tahun.

Present Perfect Continuous
👉 S + have/has been + V-ing

I have been working for two hours.
Saya sudah bekerja selama dua jam.


2️⃣ Past

Simple Past
👉 S + V2

I worked yesterday.
Saya bekerja kemarin.

Past Continuous
👉 S + was/were + V-ing

I was working at 8 p.m.
Saya sedang bekerja pada jam 8 malam.

Past Perfect
👉 S + had + V3

I had worked before you came.
Saya sudah bekerja sebelum kamu datang.

Past Perfect Continuous
👉 S + had been + V-ing

I had been working for two hours.
Saya sudah bekerja selama dua jam.


3️⃣ Future

Simple Future
👉 S + will + V1

I will work tomorrow.
Saya akan bekerja besok.

Future Continuous
👉 S + will be + V-ing

I will be working at 8 p.m.
Saya akan sedang bekerja pada jam 8 malam.

Future Perfect
👉 S + will have + V3

I will have finished my work by 5 p.m.
Saya akan sudah menyelesaikan pekerjaan saya sebelum jam 5 sore.

Future Perfect Continuous
👉 S + will have been + V-ing

I will have been working for eight hours.
Saya akan sudah bekerja selama delapan jam.


4️⃣ Past Future

Simple Past Future
👉 S + would + V1

I would work there.
Saya akan bekerja di sana.

Past Future Continuous
👉 S + would be + V-ing

I would be working there.
Saya akan sedang bekerja di sana.

Past Future Perfect
👉 S + would have + V3

I would have finished the work.
Saya akan sudah menyelesaikan pekerjaan itu.

Past Future Perfect Continuous
👉 S + would have been + V-ing

I would have been working there for two years.
Saya akan sudah bekerja di sana selama dua tahun.

🚀 Rumus super cepat

Hafalkan urutan ini:

V1 → V-ing → V3 → V-ing

Lalu modal/auxiliary-nya:

Present: am/is/are → have/has
Past: was/were → had
Future: will
Past Future: would

Kalau kamu sudah menguasai pola ini, 16 tenses tidak perlu dihafalkan satu per satu—kamu tinggal menggabungkan polanya.


Komentar